Friday, February 4, 2011

Another Week Down, Sickness, and Staying Positive

So, my dreads are now three weeks old!  It feels like it's been so much longer than that.  The dreads are so natural and comfortable that I feel like I've had them forever!  It's hard to believe it's just been such a short while!  I have to wonder why I didn't do this sooner.

I've been feeling under the weather today.  I'm not sure if it's stress or something I ate, but my stomach hasn't been too happy with me.  I'm almost willing to bet stress is a large part of it.  I'm trying to accept that this is all just trying to teach me a lesson.  I have something to learn in all of this.  Maybe this is trying to tell me to stop trying so hard, kick back, and relax!

So, I'm pulling cards again in hopes of staying positive.  Today's Wisdom Card reads, "I am willing to see my magnificence".  The back says, "If I think that I am a bad person, I get a negative feeling.  However, if I change the thought, the feeling disappears."

That has so much meaning for my day today.  I've been feeling ill, frustrated, and in general just wanted to give up on everything I've been trying so hard for.  I need to start looking at myself for what I am and what I'm capable of.  More importantly, I need to recognize that not all of these troubles are my fault.  In some cases, like my partner's ability to hold a job, it's got nothing to do with me.  Maybe I need to pick up and take control of my life.  It could just mean I need to be more supportive of the people who effect my life so we can be at more of a balance.

Today's I Can Do It Card kind of echoes that statement.  One one side is written, "I cannot change another person.  I let others be who they are, and I simply love who I am."  The other side bears, "I get the help I need, when I need it, from various sources.  My support system is strong and loving."  That sounds like what my friends have been telling me all week!

You know, as much as I'm skeptical about cards like these, I have to say, they're proving just how well on target they are.  It's possible this is all chance, but I'm not inclined to believe it is.  There's just something about how fitting it really is...

No comments:

Post a Comment